1. Drink Water first thing in the morning. Before eating or drinking anything else rehydrate your body with a glass of water first.
2. Feeling hungry? Drink water first. It is easy to confuse thirst for hunger, especially if you are not used to drinking water consistently throughout the day.
3. Putting the kettle on for your next caffeine fix? Try a glass of water first and see if you still want the tea or coffee afterwards.
4. Carry a water bottle with you EVERYWHERE and drink from it regularly even if you don’t feel thirsty. This is particularly helpful if you find drinking large glasses of water daunting or difficult as you can take on small amounts of water regularly.
5. Set yourself a timer and keep a jug of water next to you as you work making it easy to top up your glass.
6. Drink a glass of water about 30 minutes before a meal, it will help you digest and absorb nutrients as well as keeping your hydration levels up.
7. Make it more interesting to drink and better for you by adding any of the things we mentioned in our hydration article on electrolytes. Including high electrolyte fruits or veg or oral hydration sachets.